The Wilderness Volume questions what iswildernessandwhat is means to be wild. It reflects on how perceptions of wildernessevolve and change – how wilderness has been feared, conquered, and revered. It contemplates how we may embrace our wilder selves and become more in tune with nature. It discovers how creativity and collective vision can create positive change, and how wildlands can inspire and enliven us. It explores spaces shared with other species, and thinks about how we may offer environmental stewardship and protect our last remaining wild places.
THIS VOLUME INCLUDES
- The wonders and frustrations of living in a cabin.
- Printmaker Kelli MacConnell discuses her relationship with nature and how it inspires her work.
- Authentic ways of how to reconnect with nature.
- How untouched are our wild places really?
- Mule packing in Montana with Chris Eyer.
- The indigenous people of Tierra del Fuego.
- Photographer Bruno Augsburger.
- The positive impact of Fair Trade.
- The bosky landscape of Romania's Carpathians.
- A journey through snowy landscapes, icy rivers, and deep forests in the Vrancea Mountains, Romania.
- The return of the European bison.
- Much more...
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication that explores the stories of passionate people, alluring landscapes and intriguing ideas.